What a life-defining event! Thank you, committee!!
Here is the link to the official pictures from the event:
A huge thank you to Jaquie Kaufmann Poarch's daughter, Catherine, for taking the pictures and organizing this resource!
Once I get caught up with storm issues I will get back in gear here and we can set up a gallery of pictures on this site from everyone chronicling this extraordinary event! Stay tuned! - Steve B
- Painting "the rock" (9/28) will now take place from 12:30-2 pm rain or shine (bring umbrella) and we must leave the area before dismissal time (2:20 pm). Paint brushes and palettes will be provided; wear appropriate clothing. As we are not permitted to park on the school property and many students park on Holdsworth Drive, parking in the vicinity of the rock may be a challenge, so you may want to consider parking in the Big H parking lot in front of Home Depot (previously Sears) and walking the short distance up the hill. We apologize for the inconvenience to many but only just learned from the Principal's Office that the 3:30 time slot would interfere with the extracurricular sports programs.
- (9/29) The Heritage Museum, which is located in the high school, will host our group from 12-1:30 pm. I encourage you to visit and see all of the memorabilia from our district elementary, junior high and high schools. There are many photos and artifacts displayed and I believe that you will find it fascinating!
- There will be an "at home" football game on Saturday (9/29) that begins at 1:30 pm (opposing team is not known at this time). I need a "headcount" for the number of alumni who will be attending, as the Athletic Director has graciously offered to reserve a seating section for our group and make an announcement regarding our attendance at the game. If you are planning to attend, it is imperative that you email me your intent to do so in order for our group to have sufficient seating at the event.
- Alumni Email Directory - Ellen Treanor Conroy has been working diligently at compiling a directory of email addresses for the classmates that we have been able to locate. If you DO NOT want to be included in this directory, you MUST email your intention to "opt out" (of being included) PRIOR to September 20, 2018. Please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dinner at the Huntington Country Club (483 Main Street, Huntington) on 9/29 - Since we are not mailing purchased tickets, all attendees(including spouses/significant other) must register at the front entrance to the club and pick up a name tag. REGISTRATION begins at 6:30 pm. A reminder that the "cocktail hour" at the Cash Only bar is from 7-8 pm. The dress code is "business casual" for women and shirt/jacket/pants for the men (ties are not required but jeans and sneakers are not acceptable).
- Lodging - with the exception of The Chalet Inn, the other 3 area hotels appear to have vacancies, as of today, for the weekend of the 28th-30th. Here are the phone numbers that you can call for further information: Hilton LI/Huntington 631-845-1000; Melville Marriott 631-423-1600; Holiday Inn Plainview 516-349-7400
Our email address is: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing ALL of you at the events commencing on Friday, September 28th!
See all website pages using the lines or topics at top right!
This site is best viewed on a computer. Website questions, contact Steve Bilzi
Send picture of how you look now. We will post on the website ('68 Devils Now page)!
Here is your first window into our past. How many can you name?
GO TO THE CONTACT PAGE AND SUBMIT YOUR PAYMENT INFO TO GET IN TOUCH WITH US!!
1. Go to "Contact/Check In" page and sign in and submit.
3. Go to "Help Find the Missing " page and submit any info about those still not found. See the list below and on that page of those we have not located (M).
THE MAIN EVENT:
HHS CLASS OF 1968 50 YEAR REUNION
SEPTEMBER 29, 2018
Huntington Country Club
___ Paint the Rock Friday, 9/28 at 3:30 PM
___ Meet & Greet @Finleys 5:30-8 pm on 9/28 (Cash Bar)
___ Golf at Huntington Country Club on Saturday, 9/29 (Separate Fee – info to follow)
___ Tennis at Huntington Country Club on Saturday, 9/29 (Separate Fee – info to follow)
___ Tour of the Huntington School District Museum at HHS on Saturday, 9/29 anytime between 11 AM & 2 PM
___ Dinner @Huntington Country Club on Saturday, 9/29 from 7PM - MIDNIGHT
___ Sunday Brunch @Harbor Boating Club 10 AM – 12:30 PM*
*as an early bird reward and due to space limitations, the first 80 reserving tickets will be allotted a space at the brunch.
Thanks to Skip Huisking for the video!!!
Thank you for the program, Rebecca Epps Catterall